Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Weekend


Hello again… I really need to get better at blogging more often because I do feel so much lighter when I blog.  Imagine, all that I write here is what goes on in my head all the time. It’s like a never ending real to real tape that just keeps playing over and over again.  That might explain why I’m always scatter brained, huh?

So, what’s happened since I wrote the last time?  So much.

Last weekend was Halloween weekend.  Friday Tony and I had the day off so we decided to go to Fredricksburg and walk around.  As we were about to leave, I bent to tie my shoes and something felt funny in my stomach muscles. Stubborn me doesn’t tell him I am in pain and stupid me doesn’t think to grab any pain reliever.  We spent the day walking around and I’m in severe pain.  We finally find a little convenience store and I get some Tylenol and that helped a little bit.  I got to go to my favorite spice store so all was good.

We were planning to go to Goosebay and hang out with Susan and the gang.  I didn’t want to be left out of the dressing up part and remembered that my friend Dawnlee had a 50s costume that I might be able to borrow.  Dawnlee is smaller than me so in my mind it was a long shot to have the costume fit, but it was worth trying.  Even better was she would be in LaPlata so I could pick up the costume without really going far.  I brought the costume home and with crossed fingers, tried it on.  OMG, it fit! It was a 2X and it was just a bit snug, but it fit.  Am I really down to a 2X in some stuff? Can’t be… Really? Dare I hope that I really am getting back to where I was 3 years ago? We had a blast dancing and handing out candy Saturday.

The other good thing that happened to me on Saturday is that an old friend I had lost touch with called me out of the blue to ask about the surgery and to find out more information about it.  This friend is someone who I didn’t treat very well a few years ago and I have been living with a guilt on the way I treated her for the past 2 years.  She did nothing wrong to me to make me treat her that way other than really want to be my friend.  She looked up to me and she had her own problems, but rather than help her with them or be really open with her about me, I hooked up with another “mean girl” and basically treated like crap and piled on to the rest of the crap that went on in her life.  TO THIS FRIEND… I WILL AGAIN SAY I AM VERY VERY SORRY.  After our talk on Saturday, I feel relieved that you still even want to be friends and look up to me.   I am so proud of your accomplishments and feel things happen for a reason.  Maybe I wasn’t ready to be a good friend back then and I am now.  Who knows.  But now that I’ve written about it, I will forgive myself since it seems you have forgiven me.

Sunday, I had two good friends stop by and visit to just see how I’m doing.  I also had Tony bring down my winter clothes so I could go through them and see what fit and didn’t.  All I can say is I am so glad I’ve lost weight because I’m not sure my winter clothes would have fit very well and I would be looking to buy new stuff.  Well, I’ll be looking for sure as I am losing weight and the big sweater look isn’t all that attractive anymore.  I don’t feel like I need to hide my curves because they are curves again and not bulges. 

As of this morning, I am down 40 lbs from my highest recorded weight of 315.  I am 275 as of today and so very excited.  I go to my first post-op appointment tomorrow and am very excited.

More later…

No comments:

Post a Comment