Thursday, November 18, 2010

My first fill - Status update

I had my first band fill this week.  I was very nervous about it. But, I've recently made contact with an old friend who has had the band for 3 years and with his help and advice, calmed myself down.  It wasn't so bad.  I didn't feel the needle at all (good thing) but did feel the nurse removing the air and then putting the saline solution in.  That is a very weird feeling for sure.  I did have pain at the puncture site, but for the most part it went well.

What I wasn't so happy about is that I hit a plateau weight loss wise.  The doctor did warn me but it still ticked me off.  It just means I have to buckle down and exercise more. 

So my stats so far, I am down to 277.8 by the doctors scale and 274.8 by my scale.  (I like mine better) So I'm hovering around 40 lbs gone so far.  I took my measurements and I'm down over 6 inches all over.  I'll take that for sure.

So, more exercise and less food.  I can and will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment